Friday, January 29, 2010

First week in school!

My first week of school was not very eventful.  My schedule is like this:

Monday: 
Comparative Media 1230-3pm
European Issues 330-445pm

Tuesday:
Conversational Italian 830-945am
Practicum 330-6pm

Wednesday:
European Issues 330-445pm

Thursday:
Conversational Italian 830-945am

Not an extremely hard schedule to handle.  My comparative media is taught by a young Italian man who has many degrees, one I believe in Sociology, which I have been learning about in my last couple of classes.  This class seems to somewhat just drag on.

My European Issues class is fantastic.  My teacher is from the corner of Germany, Switzerland, and France, and speaks English very well.  Each week we are learning about a different European country and comparing it to America essentially.

My conversational Italian class is speeding right along, conjugating irregular verbs already because it ends March 25th.  I thoroughly enjoy my teacher as well!

Finally, is my practicum.  A practicum is required for students who are in particular fields of communication like the ones I am not.  I need a senior seminar for my concentration and so this class is considered my internship.  I am also the only one that is taking this class as an internship.  Essentially, I got out of the 20 page paper at the end of the semester.  So in this class we are dividing into 3 groups of 3 and creating a 5 minute documentary that will be shown at a museum after a panel of judges view them and decide if they are acceptable. 

Altogether, these classes are not too overwhelming, which is great considering I am in FLORENCE!  Below are more pictures from the school.











Rooftop views from school windows





Frescoes on the school walls
  
Studio for Architecture students

No comments:

Post a Comment