Monday, January 11, 2010

The Internet Finally!!!!

Hello fellow followers!!!

I finally have technology at my fingertips for the first time since Wednesday!  I got my international phone from this tiny office place and with it I got 90 minutes of free internet so I took full advantage of it!  I have noticed however that my fingers are not used to typing whatsoever!  It is very strange to try and relearn how to type quickly.  I have been journaling my experiences so when I have internet in my apartment I will be able to type them up so you know what has happened to me so far!  I have been trying to take a bunch of pictures which I will also post in the future.  Italy has been pretty good so far, rains a lot, but is like nothing I have ever experienced before.  I have wondered the city for hours, mostly walking in circles, but trying to learn how to get to places.  Our "Communication Group"  (the people in the communication program I went with) has traveled together mostly and we have found one restaurant that we like in particular.  Well, actually two, but one is a small, very small, pizzeria with very delicious homemade pizza.  The family who owns it speaks hardly any English and so far we have gone every day to eat a couple slices.  They are extremely nice and love to try and decipher our terrible Italian skills.  Italian men also enjoy us American women, staring at us while we walk huddled together on the tiny sidewalks, muttering Italian to each other or simply shouting "Caio Bella" out to us! 

Altogether, these last couple of days have felt like 4 weeks and I can't wait to be able to know where I am going and understand the Italian language better.  I will keep you posted as much as I can until I get internet in my room and of course I will post my pictures as soon as I can!  I miss you and love you all!  Thanks again for all of your prayers!!! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you are enjoying it so far! Can't wait to see more!

Post a Comment